Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's only a mountain...

He said to them, "Because of your little faith." If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain,

       'Move from here to there,' and it will move,

               and nothing will be impossible for you.

                                                                     Matthew 17:20

 

      So, now we are in the heart of making our plans for Haiti. I filled out and printed off forms for the children's passports. I took Zeke to the doctor for various immunizations.  I typed up a letter to send to churches seeking support.
      
       The problem was each of these things was an epic fail. I couldn't get the passports done because the hours at the office were from 8:30-10:30am and then 2-4pm. I showed up at 11:30am, all four kids in tow. I couldn't get the immunizations done because Zeke's tantrum was so huge that I left the office crying. I couldn't send out the letters because there were just too many blanks yet to fill in.
       
       It was the last one that really got me going. Anxiety. Questions. "Are you sure, Lord, this is really what you want? Where am I supposed to get all this money from?Am I reading you right? Am I just wrong about the entire thing?"
      
        I sulked around for a good 4 days, until I spilled it to Dave. The words that came out were
  
        "Why is this so hard?"

     and even while I was saying it, I knew it was ridiculous. 
          
     Why do I doubt what God wants, just because it isn't easy? Why do I try to solve my earthly problems with earthly solutions, when I have a savior waiting with heavenly ones? Why do I try to climb mountains, that are just meant to be moved?

     Dave told our friend, Julie, that we were struggling with the financial aspects of our time in Haiti. Julie, in all her wisdom, responded back in sarcasm, "Yeah, because that sounds like something God can't do."


        
       We all have mountains in life. I'm sure you have yours. Are you struggling with one now?  
         
       Sometimes we are meant to climb them, we learn and we grow from perils and work, and trial, we get to the top and praise the Lord. Sometimes, though, I think those mountains were just meant to be moved. God is gracious, He is faithful, He is merciful, but He is also Mighty, and Strong, and really does hold the world in His hand.
     
         So, here you go, Lord. Here's my mountain. I'm telling it to move. 





No comments:

Post a Comment